Tuesday, October 09, 2007

daydreamin'

geez, I've been eating chocolate for 2 days straight. darn that pms! I'll have to do extra walking miles for this. I really feel like I want to quit my job every time I get pms, so I know I have to wait it out until I feel better. Let's hope the feeling goes away.
I got some items listed on ebay, finally, and I'm interested to see how it works out. There are so many choices! 3 days, 5 days, 7 or 10 days, reserve price, buy it now, and on and on and on!! Etsy is sooooo much more beautiful though~ and streamlined, and of course the fees are so much nicer.
So I hadn't made a new scrabble tile necklace for awhile, and suddenly the other night one came together. It's super cute if I do say so myself!

I was thinking of when I was little, and how fascinated I was by miniature things. I've probably told y'all about this before, but I would draw cross-sections of dollhouses, and carefully label each room. I would draw the tables and chairs and beds, and add the ruffly quilts, etc. I probably even drew the silverware on the tables. I never owned a dollhouse, though. It was an extravagance that not only could we not afford, but one that I would never have even thought to ask for, because I knew it would never happen. As an adult, I've thought about buying one and decorating it. Too bad I spend so much time and effort decorating my own house!
Ok, so back to the little girl in the bingo house. This idea of a window just popped into my head as I was looking at the little girl in one of my collage sheets. I'm always thinking of ways to vary my little houses, so a window was perfect. Then she looked a little sad, but I wanted it to be happy, so I thought of the times when I was little and had my daydreaming moments.
Even though I loved sporty stuff, I have always been an introvert, so I would sit in my room quietly, and imagine the lives of barbies or other small creatures. So, this way she's deep in thought, and not sad.
I think I'll do a bunch of variations on these.
I must be in a really romantic, victorian mood lately, because I made this skirt last weekend:

well, off to bed, to dream about victorian dollhouses, I guess... and miniature hershey bars~

4 comments:

Gina said...

Do it do it get yourself a lil dollhouse! Love your necklace, it's very sweet. And your skirt, a dream!!

Shona Cole said...

Thanks for the comment/email :) Here is my email so we can talk Shonacole@aol.com. I will give you my 2 cents about Somerset! So exciting.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Did I ever tell you that I used to have a dollhouse when I was little and would make furniture for it and spend hours and hours decorating it? I even made a little quilt for the bed one time. I think I still have some furniture and that quilt in a box somewhere. I must take some photos and post on my blog so you can see! Girl, sometimes I think we are two of a kind! lol.

Kimberly said...

What a lovely piece. Love the little face in the middle.