Sunday, October 07, 2007

leather, oh yeah...

My love affair with soft leather continues...


I love this leather cuff, but it sold tonight. I can always make one for myself though~
I realized this week that all the things I love to do are finally melding together in a somewhat cohesive style. Like a sewing idea will relate to a jewelry idea, and one material finds its' way into a piece with a totally unrelated material, and somehow it turns into something beautiful. I am so grateful for this, because I've been worried for over a year that I didn't really have a style.
There's a famous quote from someone about how impossible it is for us NOT to leave our imprint/ style on something we do. I will have to find where I read that. I've even prayed about this worry, so I'm blessed that everything is coming together in such interesting ways.

2 comments:

Normangirl said...

I love that little cuff, too! That's why I'm waiting for the post (darn, there was a holiday in there to slow things down). When I first looked at the cuff, I was thinking how great it would look as a belt!! Then the Door 7 Necklace...had to have since "7" is my number. The number of completion. Are you kiddin Sista? You have a great style! Glad you feel it is coming together! Keep it coming!

Ellene McClay said...

awww, thanks so much for your support Denise! I hope the mailman gets to you quickly :)