Monday, November 12, 2007

approaching holiday goodness

wow, a month without a post - jeez, where have I been? For one thing, I've had a vision for the Christmas tree theme I want this year. The last few years I've been unhappy with the ornaments I have - nothing really special, not even very many of them. I don't know if I lost some or what. So one day I got the new Adorn magazine and the new Anthropologie catalog at the same time in the mail. There seemed to be a hint of these folkoric Eastern european designs running throughout some of the crafty stuff and clothing in both. It hit me! Beautiful intense blues, greens, reds, and of course turquoise~ along with some old fashioned with a modern twist shapes, and definitely felt. I went to the fabric store and bought lots of different colors of those little pom poms. I will make a multicolored garland with those later. Can you feel my vision? Here's what I have made so far:

and this:

and this:

More to come!

3 comments:

Ali said...

I think you're in line for a gorgeous tree award there!

Anonymous said...

Ellene! I love the ornaments you have showing on the dress form! Those are beautiful! I hope you're going to take a picture of the finished tree for us.

Gina said...

Love, love, love them, so cute, so pretty!