Sunday, March 04, 2007

Check, check, check


















SOLD (ask me about custom orders, and there's a similar chocolate corduroy with a pink lining coming up soon:)
Well, I accomplished alot over the past couple of weeks: distressed leather laptop bag-check. Brown corduroy purse with turquoise lining-check. I even got one vest made with all the wool suiting I bought a couple of weeks ago-check. I debated on what size to make it, cuz I'd like it to be available to the masses, but in the end I made it my size. Which may be what size the masses are, I don't know. I HATE being my own model, but did it anyway. I've been half-heartedly doing the Biggest Loser competition at work, and seeing myself in my shop was horrendous! The two top losers at work have lost like 13 pounds, and I think I've lost five. We started like the second week of January, and it's now March 3rd, so I have alot of work to do. But putting myself online and realizing what I really look like gave me a big push and I did the treadmill.
So now I bought more fabric, and have lots of new things in the works, but then that means I have to model again. Plus, the back-up plan is if no one buys the clothing I put in my shop, then I get to keep it, but if I do lose 20 pounds, then it really won't fit that great. Oh well, it's more important to feel better, and I can always sew more clothes. PLUS- all of it is going to sell out anyway:)
We're having a four day weekend right now, because Thurs. and Fri. were snow days at school-YEAH!!!! I know I'm getting spoiled, but I just want to stay home and create! I was going to add a pic of me with the vest on, but I just don't want to look at it again- I seriously had to take like 40 pics just to get 3 or 4 decent ones. Here's the corduroy purse though, and I love how it looks in my shop, with the zebra chair (that I reupholstered myself last summer) in the background.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I love the corduroy bag. Love it, love it!

Ellene McClay said...

thanks, steph!