Saturday, February 17, 2007

Domino Insanity!



Wow, I got totally inspired and started making some resin-sealed origami dominoes, and I haven't been able to stop! It's fun to have that feeling when you are working on something. They may not be rocket science, or as deep and symbolic as my latest collage, but darnit, they are fun.
Also, I made a trip to the fabric store today, and with tax money in hand, bought a LOT of fabric. Everything I bought was on sale, so I'm saving my 40% coupon for another day (probably this coming week). Seriously, though, I have a major fabric addiction. I sold a large messenger bag a while ago on my etsy shop, and I still have about 2 yards of the gorgeous chocolate brown corduroy left, so I got some Kona cotton in pink and light turquoise (to use for the linings), and I will make some smaller purses this weekend. As soon as I get done with this post, I shall begin my new adventure in sewing. First I must finish the faux distressed leather laptop bag that I started last weekend. I'm SOOOO happy that Monday is Pres. Day, so I can stay home and create. God Bless the Presidents!
BTW, the collage pictured was a pretty deep, heartfelt, symbolic idea that came to me while driving a few weeks ago. I'll try to write more about it tomorrow, but it's for sale today in my etsy shop. Good night everyone:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im lovin the Mary Poppins esque fabric work.
I was on your etsy site and I LOVE the big O rubber bracelet.
Rebekah
-ship by rls-

Ellene McClay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.