Monday, August 04, 2008

destination: omaha


have you ever thought about taking a vacation in your own city? We haven't really been anywhere this summer, so last week we went to the henry doorly zoo, which we live 5 minutes from but I haven't been there in like 3 years. It is the biggest tourist attraction in our state, I think.



So the other nite I spontaneously suggested that we take a walk by the riverfront, and my daughter got really excited. (It's so boring at home) For $3 each, we took a boat ride around the fountain that changes colors, and you can see the downtown skyline from there also. I can't figure out my camera still, so all my shots of the skyline won't be shown here :)



who needs to leave town? I think I'll save gas and stay here this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Jessi Nagy said...

hey there,
im a local omaha girl too.
i haven't been to the zoo for 2 years or so.
we have so many fun things to do here.
glad to meet you.
are you going to silver bella?
oxoxo,
jessi