Friday, August 01, 2008

dog days of summer

You'd think I'd have more time to blog since it's summer break, but sometimes I don't want to post because I don't want to end up complaining. No complaints really, except health ones. It's kind of funny actually, because I went to the doctor yesterday, for some strange symptoms... heart palpitations, head fuzziness, stomach issues. Of course they don't know what's wrong, so they try to attribute everything to stress. I'm like, HELLO! I've been on vacation for the last 8 weeks, I sleep in every day, I love what I do and I create on a daily basis. I have an awesome daughter, a loving husband, and friends who care about me. I'm not stressed!
Anyway, they drew blood and they are going to check my cholesterol, etc.
On my end, I'm going to continue to try to eat healthy foods only, and exercise more. Also, I actually hit a sales record in July, between the 2 shops. Amazing, really, because July is known for not-so-great-sales. May was horrible, June was better, and July rocked!
The new shop has taken off much better than I even expected, and I'm wallowing in vintage seam binding over here. My daughter helps me wrap the bundles and puts a little flower on each one. I'm still crazy for fabric and ribbon flower brooches:

and I'm really enjoying the childrens clothing also:

and yesterday was an old friends birthday, and I can't find her email anywhere. We don't stay in touch all that much, but I've been trying to find her info forever! Happy birthday, Alice!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I hope everything turns out okay and I just love your new stuff, so pretty!