Monday, May 17, 2010

left or right?

I saw an article in the latest issue of Real Simple about how to get organized according to which side of the brain you use the most. I wonder a lot whether I'm right brained or left brained, because I have classic traits of both... I love art but I love math too, etc, etc.
So I took the quiz, and I came out split evenly.
Then I got online and took another test, and it was exactly even as well.












Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 16(16)
Right Brain Dominance: 16(16)
Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz


I was told that my first inclination as a small toddler was to use my left hand, and my grandma thought that was crazy, so she made me use my right hand to eat and write, etc. I wonder if this has anything to do with how I am now?
I tell my students all the time that in order to make more brain connections use their non-dominant hand to do everyday activities like brushing teeth. I'm going to work on it because now I'm completely confused as to what organizing technique works best for me, since I'm both!!

3 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

interesting! I've often thought I was somewhere in the middle so I'm off to take this quiz and find out for sure :)

Kathleen J. said...

Exactly even here too. I figured I would be a definite one or the other so split surprised me.

stash said...

Hmm, I wonder if that test very accurate. Another even-brained result here;)