Sunday, December 28, 2008

trinkets

~found some adorable vintage trinkets~ they make me wonder how their previous lives were spent. Were they in a fancy home? Did they share a room with 2 sisters? Were they tucked away in a velvet jewelry box?
I don't know, but they sure are beautiful:

I put a pretty picture of Marie Antoinette in this one.

I loved that movie so much, I was just thinking of re-watching it this weekend. I thought it would be cute to put a picture of a pug on the other side, since she loved pugs so much. I just got "duchess" with Kiera Knightly, and can't wait to sit down and drool over the costumes and adornments.
more "tresors" to come!

5 comments:

marijke said...

thats what i do on a rainy day..take a film..mostly a costumemovie...jane austen etc..
and the inspiration can begin..thats my dream to make such dresses, corsets..
greetings from marijke

Ellene McClay said...

thanks marijke~ I just watched "Duchess" today with Kiera Knightly, and I'm going to make a necklace based on the inspirations from the movie :)

marijke said...

on my blog i aggregate (i get it from a translation site, i never heard from this word hihihi) foto's, recepice, idea's..a lot of inspiration.
But i'm not yet succeeding to do like you based on a idea to make something beatifull like your necklace,now im jealous hihi.
at this moment i,m practise how mine sewingmachine and lockmachine (is that olso a english word??) works

Betsy said...

i love the "i want candy" scene....all the cool colors and the shoes!!! might have to see if that is on today!!!

Posh Girl Couture said...

I LOVE your style & your blog! So glad I found you!
I wish you all the best!
this Marie Necklace is so charming, Pug idea is precious!
Joelle XO