Sunday, June 22, 2008

petit patchwork

so...tired...
I shouldn't complain about being tired, because actually I'm really excited we're finally putting ceramic tile in our kitchen. I'll post pics tomorrow after it's done, but I'm sore from sitting on the floor. The last floor project we did led to this project- we installed reclaimed maple floors that go from our front door almost to our back door - I wanted it to look like an artists' loft, and since our living room, dining room and kitchen are all one big rectangle, I really wanted to do wood all the way. Now great rooms are all the rage, so even though my house was built in 1910, we are so in 'vogue'.
Sooooo, when we did the wood, we ran out before we made it to the end, so we had a 2 foot area on 3 sides of the kitchen. About 8 feet long on the left and right sides, and all across in front of the kitchen counter, sink, and stove. All in all, about 80 square feet.
So I'm glad it's finally getting finished. I've stubbed my toe on the exposed edge of the wood more times than I care to count (and maple is REALLY hard!)
While I was taking a break from the tiles, I finished a little purse for my kids' shop:

and the back:

I created a pattern for this for myself because I needed a new purse, so I've had an idea to make a super small one, and it finally came together. I love the raw-edged patchwork, and it's just 4 x 5 1/2 inches. I think it would be really cute to create a little softie animal to put inside. We'll see... after the home improvements...

1 comment:

Gina said...

oh my gosh that bag is soooo cute!