Thursday, September 27, 2007

summer into fall...

ok, so sacred relic probably isn't the best name for a new shop. I googled it and there are all these lawsuits against some ebay sellers for selling actual religious sacred relics. I do like the spiritual connotation to the name, because I am a Christian, but in addition to those strange problems, there is already an ebay seller with that name. It looked like they weren't active and didn't have any items for sale, but still.... I think I'll keep the etsy shop with that name for future ideas~
On the school front, everything is the same. I'm trying desperately to be excited, but I feel my heart is just not in it anymore. I only want to do this job if I can do it well. I'm taking it one day at a time, and so far, so good. I was pretty excited about my first wall display for open house. I did it all in white, and it was very 3-d. I got a lot of nice comments from other staff, which usually doesn't happen. They said it was very classy and 'gallery like'. I was pleased. Now I just have to come up with another mind-blowing idea for this month. I'm thinking about having the kids paint on leaves - but what subject? any ideas welcome!
On the home front, we must get some pumpkins to carve, because we basically spaced it off last year, and now that my daughter is 14, I don't have too many more years left to do these activities. I should be better about decorating for holiday things. I love the making the costume part though. Off to class, caio for now~

No comments: