Monday, January 08, 2007

I've been trying to decide on some goals for 2007. I know that I need to set up a website under my name, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Technology is soooo hard (Whine) sometimes-actually when I just do it, it's never as hard as I thought it was going to be. I also want to join more groups like art unraveled so I can do more swaps and branch out more. Sometimes it seems like it's hard to break into new things, like I'm an outsider and everyone else it already at the party. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I love my studio time, and I try to get everything else done so I can work. My daughter (13) is such a tomboy/sports freak that it's hard to get her interested in art, but occasionally she will sit with me and do a project. I cherish those times. Also our Biggest Loser competition is starting this week at work, so I lifted weights yesterday and I'm getting on the treadmill tonight! The computer will not suck me in and let me avoid my commitment!

3 comments:

Penny Cork said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny Cork said...

(Let me try this again! I left out a word or two the first time!) I found your blog while reading through the Etsy forums... I love the name, "deciduous soul." I completely understand that fear of launching a website; I've been meaning to do this for some time myself! Best wishes with your goals for the new year!

Penny :)

FORTRESS co said...

Thanks Penny, I was beginning to think that no one would ever read my blog-you are my first comment. I appreciate your support alot!