Tuesday, July 14, 2009

making something from nothing

Just a quick note to let you all know I'm still alive (I know you were worried :)
busy, busy, busy, teaching art camp.
Today we are making these:

tutorial here at a little hut's lovely blog.
I also might try this modge podge bowl version with the kids.
It's not possible to use earthenware clay with them all week, because there will be no time to fire all of it, so I thought why not make pottery from recycled magazines? my friends often say I have the uncanny ability to make something out of nothing, which definitely helps with the camp budget I'm sure!
Even though I have about 400 magazines in my current collection, I had a hard time deciding which ones I could part with. I love them so much! I know as we are working on the bowls today I'll probably find several pages that I desperately need to save because I can't bear to part with the information.

2 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

Love the bowl! I have one just like it sitting right here by my PC...my youngest son made it in art class this year!

Gina said...

Wow that is a terrific idea. I love your bowl and hope you are having a lovely summer.