Monday, June 08, 2009

stormy weather

I love the rain, and it's been raining a lot lately. It's great for sleeping, even when the thunder gets really loud. I'm enjoying a few weeks off from work before I start teaching summer school, and even though I don't really take days off from sewing, it feels nice to stay up and sleep in late. I know it's good for the farmers :)

lovely storm photo found here
Although there is a weird smell in my new (used) Jeep, so I have to figure out if there's a leak or something. ??? It's so nice to drive something that you don't fear is going to break down at any given moment - my poor saturn had a few miles shy of 200,000, so it's ready for a rest.
I've had a ton of deadlines lately, for various things, but it feels good to cross things off of my list. Upcoming goodies in Somerset Studio - Belle Armoire to be exact, although I don't know what issue yet. Those ladies over there are the sweetest people imaginable to work with! So kind and thoughtful, and willing to help... I just can't say enough good things about them, really.
work in progress:

I'm still creatively pulled in soooooo many different directions, and I'm still learning to accept that it's just 'my way' I guess. I love to do so many different things.
There are also many other things I'd like to know how to do, but I guess someday during retirement I'll work on those~ crocheting (is that a word?) lace, mastering photoshop and fancy cameras, making my own website, fixing cars, playing the piano.... on and on. There's so many things to explore in life!
But I can't stop thinking about that one line of advice in that post about photography awhile back - "You can't specialize in everything".
That phrase has run through my head so many times in the last month, because I am so guilty of trying to do that! I think focus is very important. They don't call someone a 'master carpenter' or a 'master teacher' , etc., for nothing.
Note to self: Learn to master one thing, and do it well. One can hope I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know exactly what you mean about being pulled creatively in every direction. I'm the same way myself. I'm always telling myself I've got to focus on one area of creativity at a time, but there are just so many things I want to make and do and try! Maybe I'll just be a master dabbler.